Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall introspection.

My connection to all of you is inspiring my continued writing, even though I still have to hop into my office. While I can't do it daily, until the cable for my internet connection is installed later this week I will continue to write as often as I can.

This is the new writing exercise: It is a story starter. The days are growing shorter and the hues of red and gold are appearing in the trees. The fields are yellowing in the distance. Fall is a time for the slow down of nature. For me, fall is.......

I will write first, and I hope all of you will follow.

The days are growing shorter and the hues of red and gold are appearing in the trees. The fields are yellowing in the distance. Fall is a time for the slow down of nature. For me, fall is like another beginning. When the sun shines and the colors are aglow it makes me feel as though I am beginning a new phase. I buy new notebooks and begin to fill them with stories and words...ideas for articles and things that I want to know more about. While nature is slowing down, my introspection increases. I make time to do these things because of the shortness of days. In the summer I am continuously drawn to the outdoors and I will spend all day in the sunshine and stay out in the evening shadows. The cooler temperatures remind me that it is time to sit back and enjoy the pleasures of writing.

4 comments:

  1. Like Keats, for me autumn is the "season of mists and mellow fruitfulness". The swallows and martins have gone south and the smell of the sea is cold and fresh. You go outside just so you can come in again and experience the warmth cuddling you. It is a good excuse to be cosy and closed-in and pensive, as the summer of constant clamour turns into the autumn of quiet reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you adore a new, and empty book, waiting to be filled with emotion, ideas and words?
    Autumn always makes me come alive. I'm an October baby, so perhaps that's why.
    The colors, smells, wind, the rustle of the leaves, all delight my soul.
    I totally understand what you're saying about the season...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,

    This is a great time of year for all that you mentioned. It sure does make for a nice walk or drive with the family. The trees begin to weaken their grip on the leaves that refuse to let go of the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete