Thursday, January 29, 2009

Writing Together vs Writing Alone

Writing can be a solitary job. It is done most often at your desk in your home or office with little or no contact with others. In a writing group, writing prompts are often used to get everyone involved in the writing process. It is a way to expand your thinking...given the same topic or starter phrase the members of the group will write diverse stories that reflect their style. For me, it leads to the exploration of a different view point that, on my own, would never have occurred to me. It takes me to a place I would never have visited on my own. That is one of the reasons my writing group has continued to meet regularly.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea, sharing brains; offering encouragement to each other. Nice.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sandy should come to our writer's group. She can add her creative art touch. I'll bet she'd be pretty good with words.

    As you can see, I'm up late. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night and get the other writer to the place he needs to be. Thank you (as usual) so much for helping me fix his manuscript!

    ReplyDelete