Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter Wonderland

It was a beautiful sunny day, but really cold as we walked through the park this afternoon. I was at a loss for words to describe the frozen wonderland that appeared before us...The snow crunched loudly under our boots and it looked as though glistening crystal covered every part of nature. Every branch and tree were covered with ice...when looking skyward into the tops of the trees it seemed as though stars had appeared at the end of each branch. Sometimes there was a rainbow of color as the sun shone through the ice crystals. It was breathtaking! There was much crackling when the wind would blow, breaking the continuity of the ice that surrounded the branches. The snow on the ice covered branches looked like spun sugar, as light as cotton. As I walked I thought about what words could convey the beauty before me...it felt as though the world was covered in fairy dust and magic. I forgot my cold hands and face and kept walking...it was as though the journey was to a new and undiscovered place...not somewhere I have walked in many different seasons. This was a place where I was glad to have the words to tell the story. This was where I loved the words that danced in my mind as I walked. I am a writer...and today I was glad the words could tell this story.

6 comments:

  1. Wow...that was awesome. I felt like I was there with you in your wonderland.

    You need to go to my blog and click on some of the writer's names there...that way they can get back to you. Maybe you could create a worldwide writer's group...wouldn't that be cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm putting on my long johns, cause I sooooo feel like I'm walking right there beside you.

    Very much paints a picture for me. Glad you enjoyed your walk and your mind full of word fun.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nudge, nudge...write more, and come visit.
    Hope you're doing well.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come see my new activity...we might be able to do it at Writer's Group on Tuesday night....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stoppping in to say...hey, you haven't written, or visited. Come on now, I'm tapping my foot.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, popping in again. YOu've not blogged or visited, come on now.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete